Thanks to our partnership with industry leaders in the sector, the array of products for security application is broad, ranging from base papers for cheques, passports, stamps and security certificates up to banknotes.
- A worldwide supplier of security paper, suitable for high-end security documents
- Manufacture and delivery to selected markets in accordance with established trade rules and procedures
- Project management to coordinate a network of paper mills
- We believe in long-term business relationships and a transparent business model
Ciotola S.r.l. was founded in October 2001 as Polo Paper & Packaging S.r.l., in association with Polo AG, Vienna.
In June 2003, we acquired the shares of Polo AG, changing the name of the company to Ciotola S.r.l.
From the very beginning the company has focused its commercial operations in Italy, the Middle East and Africa with local sales operations in Dubai and Casablanca.
The Security Paper Consortium (Ciotola, SPM, Favini) was formed in 2012 and was made stronger in 2013 by Radece Papir.
The Consortium has manufacturing sites located in Italy, Slovenia and Czech Republic and counts more than 500 employees in sales, marketing and production.
Partners are jointly responsible for quality and delivery having clearly defined obligations.
Ciotola S.r.l. representing customer requirements, is responsible for project management, technical coordination, logistics and administration services.
The consortium’s mission is to supply premium paper for high security documents, with security features built-in at the wet-end, during manufacturing.
CONSORTIUM ADDED VALUE
- Fourdrinier or Cylinder Mould paper machine technology. Paper machines for wet-end incorporated security features
- Post-processing security elements
4x fourdrinier paper machines
- Deckle: 144cm / 155cm / 200cm / 245cm
- 100% bleached chemical pulp or up to 50% cotton blend
- Range of substances without watermark:
70 g/m2– 350 g/m2
- Range of substances with watermark:
70 g/m2– 140 g/m2
- Total capacity: > 80,000 tonnes per annum
1x cylinder mould paper machine
- Deckle 240cm
- Up to 100% cotton linters
- Range of substances: 60-600 g/m2
4x slitting machines
2x rewinding machines
1x in-house watermark origination: dandy roll and mould cover production
TECHNOLOGY AND SPECIFICATIONS
|Fourdrinier PM||CBS1 cheque papers||With standard all-over watermark 80-120 g/m2
With standard all-over watermark – “z coated” 100 g/m2
With customised and/or registered watermarks 80-120 g/m2
Sheets or reels 70-140 g/m2
|Tax and fiscal stamp paper||Gummed paper – OBA free 90+10 g/m2|
|Passport end-book paper||From 50% cotton / 50% wood bleached pulp in 140 g/m2|
|Visa stickers||Security facestock 70 g/m2
Water-based permanent adhesive 20 g/m2
Liner 85 g/m2
Total 175 g/m2
|Ballot papers||Customised watermarks 80-90 g/m2|
|Cylinder Mould PM||High-end documents||Up to 100% cotton blend 60-140 g/m2
With customised watermark, multi-tonal.
With embedded and/or windowed security thread
|Passport inner visa page||With registered watermark and electrotype 85 g/m2|
- Mill watermarks (“Double S” & “Single S”)
- Customised watermarks
- Cylinder Mould watermark
UV Dull /UV fibres / chemical reactions / positioned planchettes
- Cylinder Mould multi-tone watermark + Electrotype
- Fully embedded security thread, 1-4mm wide
>UV Dull / 50% cotton blend / UV fibres / chemical reactions
Visa Stickers 175 g/m2
- Security facestock paper 70 g/m2
- Water-based permanent adhesive 20 g/m2
- Siliconised liner 85 g/m2
UV dull / UV fibres / chemical reactions
- Security facestock paper 70 g/m2
- PVA gum 10 g/m2
Customised watermark / UV dull / UV fibres / chemical reactions
Diplomas & Certificates
Security paperboard, 1/side felt-marked
UV dull / 50% cotton blend / UV fibres / chemical reactions
- Cylinder Mould customised watermarks
- Fully embedded security thread, 1 -4mm wide
- Iridescent positioned stripes
UV Dull / 50% cotton blend / UV fibres / chemical reactions / Holograms
- Cylinder Mould customised watermark
- Windowed security thread, 0,8mm wide
UV Dull / chemical reactions